Tuesday 6 October 2009

BOYS OWN x FIRMAMENT MIX NO. 3

A new mix put together a few months ago mixed and blended by Christian Wolff of Soft Rocks. This was given away free with a limited release of Boys Own T Shirts paying tribute to the original iconic designs of the late 80's and early 90's by Dave Little. Boy’s Own began as a legendary fanzine started by London’s Terry Farley, Steve Hall and Andy Weatherall and series of parties, before becoming a record label with which was responsible for many of the seminal house records of the early 90's. Boys Own recordings became Junior Boy’s Own a few years later and spawned many off shoot labels including Boys Own Collect.

"FOR THAT NIGHT IN EAST GRINSTEAD"

I'm going to have a stab at tracklisting this when I get a chance so if you have any clues drop me a line. Thanks to Anthony for helping me fill in some of the blanks.

So far I have:

1. SOLID GOLD EASY AMEX - ENJOY (OAKENFOLD MIX)?
2. ELLIS, BIGGS & HOWARD - BIG BUBBLES NO TROUBLES - RCA RECORDS
3. KISSING THE PINK - BIG MAN RESTLESS
4. DIZZY HEIGHTS - WOULD I FIND LOVE
5. LES NEGRESSES VERTES - ZOBI LA MOUCHE (WILLIAM ORBIT REMIX)- SIRE RECORDS
6. MANDY SMITH I JUST CANT WAIT (COOL AND BREEZY JAZZ MIX)
7. UNKNOWN
8. MY BLOODY VALENTINE - SOON (ANDREW WEATHERALL MIX) - CREATION RECORDS
9. UNKNOWN
10. SIMPLE MINDS - THEME FOR GREAT CITIES - VIRGIN
11. THRASHING DOVES - SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

4 comments:

  1. anthony@unionjackson.co.uk13 December 2009 at 13:09

    1. Solid Gold Easy Amex - Enjoy (not sure which mix - probaly Oakenfold)
    4. Dizzy Heights - Would I find Love
    6. Mandy Smith - I Just Can't Wait (Cool and Breezy Jazz Mix)
    11. Thrashing Doves - Sympathy for the Devil

    I am waiting on feedback on the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. 3 is Kissing The Pink - Big Man Restless - still trying to find the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anthony@unionjackson.co.uk7 September 2012 at 05:47

    Just got the unknown track at No.9 - Fire and Mercy (Strange Cargo) - William Orbit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Anthony. I need to check when I get home but I'm sure I have all the strange cargo's in mjy collection.

    Thank you so much for remembering to let me know :)

    ReplyDelete